But the seemingly insuperable difficulties which are now in the way may be overcome in the end, and then iron will be done away with, and all electric machinery will be manufactured of aluminum, in all probability, at prices ridiculously low."
–Nikola Tesla, On the Problem of Increasing Human Energy, 1900
Nikola Tesla’s words describe the benefits of C-Motive’s approach versus Tesla’s own electromagnetic induction motor design, which is the industrial workhorse of the modern age.
C-Motive’s machines run on the principle of capacitive (or electrostatic) power conversion, which relies upon the "static cling" force produced from electric fields. This transformative technology stands to change how engineers design the machines that shape and run our lives.
C-Motive's Electrostatic Motor technology delivers 3-10x more torque per unit mass than electromagnetics, enabling an entirely new class of lightweight, torque-dense, direct-drive machines for applications including:
- Aerospace actuators or propulsion
- Heavy-lifting drone propulsion systems
- Position-and-hold applications
- Industrial or humanoid robotic servos
- Prosthetic and exoskeleton movement
- Automotive actuators or propulsion
- Geometrically constrained applications
These unique machines may be fabricated into unique shapes, sizes, and form factors with which electromagnetics cannot comply. The reason is simple: electrostatics eliminate "back iron" because there is no magnetic circuit.
The Electrostatic Motor represents a fundamental shift in how torque is produced, providing the following unique advantages:
- Near-lossless torque production
- High shaft torque without a gearbox
- Lightweight, non-magnetic materials
- Eliminates rare earth materials
- Achieves smooth rotation and minimal noise
Interested in learning more? We would love to talk. Please contact us to find out how the Electrostatic Motor can solve your unique challenges.
Follow the links below to learn more about Electrostatic Motor technology: